Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linetype scales in vports

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
446 Views, 7 Replies

Linetype scales in vports

I have a sheet with two Vports (same scale) and am wanting the linetype scale in one to be different than the other. How do I accomplish this?

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks, but no, I'm afraid that does not solve my issue unless I'm reading it too quickly (!).

Here's my situation: I have two vports on one sheet. The vports are the same scale so the linetypes appear the same in each. However, I would like the same object to appear with a different linetype scale in one of the vports. Perhaps this is not possible?

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

The only way I can think of is to do a viewport override on the linetype of that object's layer. This might require you to make a new linetype, though.

Message 5 of 8
Jay_B

I don't think it's possible to apply different linetype scales, to the exact same line type, in separate viewports of the same VP scale.

Hopefully someone proves me wrong though.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 8
Pointdump

JL,

"...two Vports (same scale) and am wanting the linetype scale in one to be different than the other."

The only thing I can think of is to make duplicates of the lines, on different layers, that you want to be different. Or duplicate the drawing and Xref it into the second viewport.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

Yeah, I was hoping to avoid that. Oh well, looks like it's not possible.

Thank, all

Message 8 of 8
murray-clack

Have you tried looking into the PSLTSCALE setting?  Setting it to a value of 1 makes all the linetypes look consistent regardless of the viewport scale.  Setting it to a value of 0 (zero) - in conjunction with setting the LTSCALE to a different setting - may give you the results you want.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report