Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LINE TYPES VIEWPORT SCALE CHANGES

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
luisL9R3L
431 Views, 4 Replies

LINE TYPES VIEWPORT SCALE CHANGES

Good morning, I have an issue with my line type scales, does not show how i want them 

however i have set the PSLT and LTS at 1 and changes how i want it, but when ever I closed 

the drawing and open again It does the same thing changes the scale. does anyone know what 

it could be the issue so the line type stayed lock. 

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: luisL9R3L

These variables get saved with the drawing file and should stay as they were when last saved  .... unless your manager has your workstations set up the set these variables upon open a file.  Check with your CAD manager or IT manager if this is the case.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Whenever starting a drawing, I typically set the msltscale, psltscale, and ltscale variables to 1. While setting up your layout, make sure that your view port scale matches your annotation scale in model space.

I hope this helps.

Message 4 of 5

If MSLTSCALE, PSLTSCALE, and LTSCALE are all set to 1, and your viewport annotation scale matches that of modelspace, everything should look the same between viewports and modelspace.  The linetype scales should not change on their own, unless some sort of customization is running.  Are you using anything like Reference Templates, or custom lisp/.net routines?  Linetype scale is not something that is associated by layer, it could be assigned by object, but would not change on its own.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 5 of 5
tcorey

There is also a variable, MSLTSCALE, which you should set.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report