Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Labels Bearing and Distance Precision

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
mnhollinger
769 Views, 9 Replies

Line Labels Bearing and Distance Precision

I would like to set the line labels bearing and distance precision in the following manner.

N89° 22' 05"W, not N89° 22' 05.00"W

225.00', not 225.000'

I went to Toolspace > Settings (Active Drawing Settings View) > Line > Edit Label Style Defaults..., but I didn't find anything relevant. Please see the attached files.

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Pointdump
in reply to: mnhollinger

Hi Mark,
Set precision in the Label Style.
Dave

Precision.png

Precision_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 10
mnhollinger
in reply to: Pointdump

Thanks for replying! Can you provide a screenshot of where I change the precision at?
Message 4 of 10
MMcCall402

The quickest way there would be to select the label you have and choose "Edit Label Style" from the right click menu.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 5 of 10
mnhollinger

I didn't notice the screen shots you included in your reply, therefore I asked for screen shots. I opened up this forum on my cell phone at work this morning. Sorry. I got down to the attached screenshot. I noticed precision is already set to 0.01, yet on the drawing it's 0.001. Strange.

Message 6 of 10
Jeff_M

@mnhollinger in your screenshot it is showing the current default for if you were going to be adding a new one. Select the text in the preview and it will show what the label is set to use. Change the setting to the desired precision then be sure to hit the arrow next to the property to send it to the preview window.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 7 of 10
Pointdump

Mark,
As Jeff says, select the text to see what the precision is set to. Then don't forget to hit the arrow button.
Dave

Precision_1.png

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 8 of 10
mnhollinger

Still a no go. No change to current bearing and distance labels. I even exploded the parcel to erase the labels, joined the segments and labeled again. No change in precision. Will try again tomorrow.

Message 9 of 10
Jeff_M

@mnhollinger post your dwg and I, or someone, will create a step by step using your dwg/styles.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 10 of 10
mnhollinger
in reply to: Jeff_M

I finally got it to work!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report