Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line label cardinal direction

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
anw52
1133 Views, 10 Replies

Line label cardinal direction

A line running West is currently labled as N90°00'00"W.  Is there a way to force the label to read S00°00'00"W? Same situation for a line running south  (S90°00'00" E -->  S90°00'00" W)

Autocad Civil 3D 2018

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
MMcCall402
in reply to: anw52

You could do it with a label expression to alter the bearing direction.

image.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 3 of 11
Jemauk
in reply to: MMcCall402

@MMcCall402 

Thank you for posting this! I do have another problem has arised with this. It will not let me set the value for the leading zero. It just stays N/A, which is causing it to drop the zero. So N00E is only N0E. I did check the main label settings and it is set to keep the leading zero. Any suggestions?

Message 4 of 11
MMcCall402
in reply to: Jemauk

It can be done with a manual edit of the label style component.  Right now the option next to the drop leading zeros has N/A so it can't be selected as a value to put into the text by pressing the blue arrow so we're going to have to do it manually. You can't edit the text that gets entered into the label component but you can retype it manually and enter or change values as you retype it. In this instance the text string needs "DZN" added before the OF near the end of the text string. Be sure to use the "|" separator between the values.  Any 0 in the text is actually a zero. When the sytax of the text string is value it will select all at once like a automatically entered ones do.

Another options I've used before is to copy the text string, paste it into an Mtext, edit the text, copy it and paste it back into the label style composer.

image.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 5 of 11
Jemauk

@MMcCall402

It took me a minute but I did get it to work. At first it just kept say <Cardinal Directions> (what I called the expression) and it wouldn't accept the expression. I inserted the expression from the pulled down list, to check for any typos. After I did that it recognized the one that I manually entered.  Thank you for your help!

Message 6 of 11
Jemauk

@MMcCall402

Another question...would it be possible to take your expression for the Cardinal Directions and make it like an IFTTT expression? Something like IF({Gen Seg Dir}=0|90,{Gen Seg Dir}-pi/2). I'm not good at writing expressions that's why I'm asking.

Thanks!

Joe

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: anw52

I know this is sting is old but for those who are looking into how to do this. The correct way would be to right-click on the label and select "reverse direction" takes approx. 2 seconds.

Capture.PNG

Message 8 of 11
Jemauk
in reply to: Anonymous

trafrank.25

Your CAD takes a line running West that is labled as N90°00'00"W and turns it to S00°00'00"W? If so, what version is it because my 2020 doesn't.

Message 9 of 11
anw52

Whoops, that’s a typo. Should be S90°00’00”W 

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

I guess I miss understood. I thought you wanted something different. What you want is not standard in my opinion and suspect if it is exactly horizontal or vertical. Control lines are rarely this way.

Message 11 of 11
Jemauk
in reply to: Anonymous

For me it's usually following old surveys or something on assumed datum. It never flips it in the correct direction.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report