Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layouts/Viewports

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
riley_kilpatrick
327 Views, 4 Replies

Layouts/Viewports

How do I delete the standard layout/viewport area in default autocad layouts? The terminology may no be correct, so see attached image. I am trying to create templates catered to my needs and this type of layout always seems to get in the way of what needs to be done.

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ianjchap
in reply to: riley_kilpatrick

Hi, if you want to delete Layout tabs you can simply do this by right clicking and hitting Delete. However, you must have at least one Layout Tab available. If the content inside this tab isn't what you want, you can delete it also. Or, update your default template with what you do or dont want to see when you start a new DWG session.

I couldn't see any attached images, so hopefully this is what you mean?

ianjchap_0-1720789601791.png

Message 3 of 5
riley_kilpatrick
in reply to: ianjchap

It is not the layout that needs to be deleted its the standard "paper area" if you will, in the layout.

Message 4 of 5
ianjchap
in reply to: riley_kilpatrick

If any drawing frame and viewport's are removed, the only thing you would then be left with is a dashed box which represents the printable area, setup through your Plot Page Setup. 
This can also be removed under your Options Settings. On the Display Tab, Untick Display Printable area:-

ianjchap_0-1720791962272.png

Message 5 of 5

The display paper background may also be helpful to uncheck

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report