Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lag and hangups

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Mr-Wrongway
207 Views, 1 Reply

Lag and hangups

We're using 2015 with SP3 and sadly the Network seats, not standalone.  We have about 15 people accessing network licenses but only two of us have a single Network license so we always have a license to use and access to AutoCAD.

I experience serious lags with everything and it's not particular to any one function. I could be trying to move something, copy something, zooming... anything and it'll hang for a few seconds to a minute and then wake up. It's completely random when it happens and what triggers it I have no idea. I do have AutoSave enabled at 10 minute intervals but this lag happens more or less than 10 minutes, sometimes on multiple commands that I may execute back to back. 

I have been using AutoCAD since version 2.5 back in the 80's and up to 2016 Civil 3D and Vanilla AutoCAD and I've experienced network lag before but never on this scale.  And this is the first time I've used a Network License based seat.  I have long thought this to be a network related issue, (Virus scanning, Firewalls or bandwidth and/or worst case, it's the constant bandwidth hammering the network and network calls).  If you have a thought on this, please share.  What could be causing this?

theojkett

Ted K.
AutoCAD 2.5 to 2017
"What AutoCAD does, it does on purpose"
theojkett@gmail.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: Mr-Wrongway

This could be related to a known issue that has been resolved:

http://www.deltaengineeringsystems.com/support/

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report