Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

labeling cross sections

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vcoleman
1579 Views, 5 Replies

labeling cross sections

I need to add labels on each cross section which shows the existing and finish design elevations at centerline.  How do I do this?  Also how do you add cut and fill quantities to show on each section?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: vcoleman

For the existing elevation, you'll need a surface section label style set to only label at the centre line.

For the design elevation you can use the same thing, but you'll need a design Top surface to label.

You can also use code set styles to add labels to your corridor section without the need for a surface.

The method you choose depends on the look and functionality you want.  Attach an image showing what you want and maybe someone can give you a more detailed answer.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 6
vcoleman

The image attached is what I would like to achieve.    If possible I would like to add in the section view style  under the title content.    In the title content I can add the station I would like to also add Origonal El= and Design El=  as shown in the jpg

Message 4 of 6
mathewkol

That section should be exactly reproducable.  I have attached a file in 2011 format with a really quick style done as you need it,..you'll need to make some mods to get it perfect.  If you don't have 2011 you'll need to install it to see how to do this.  DON'T MIX UP THIS FILE WITH YOUR 2010 FILES IF YOU DO.

Basics...

The elevations are in a band with only the CL labelled.

The title is defined within the XS View style.

Not sure how to add the style name if this is even possible.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 6
vcoleman
in reply to: mathewkol

Matt

Thank you I was able to create the band but the composision label section 1 elevation and section 2 elevation is what i am confused about where does the information come from for properties section1 and section 2 elevations.  I am new at civil 3d used eagle point for 27 years.    THe elevations do come in on my cross section sheets but the elevations are not any good.

thanks

Message 6 of 6
Jeff_M

Select a SectionView, right-click, choose SectionView Group Properties, SectionViews tab, 4th column is Change Band Set, click the ellipses, in the Band style row towards the right side...you may need to scroll over to see them.. are settings for Surface1 and Surface2. This is what controls those elevations.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report