Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Label Style Composer - Rotation Angle

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
jfeijo
1163 Views, 11 Replies

Label Style Composer - Rotation Angle

Hi,

In Label Style Composer (Parcel) AutoCAD Civil 3D 2018, when we want to change an angle rotation does not appear the green icon to specify angle in the drawing as it had in previous versions? Why? and how can we solve this?

see attach file

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
eduardops
in reply to: jfeijo

Looks like I figured out the problem. When we create an expression, the green angle rotation icon disappears. ****!!!

Autodesk Team Help Please!

Message 3 of 12
Jeff_M
in reply to: eduardops

It does this in previous versions as well.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 12
jfeijo
in reply to: Jeff_M

quite right eduardo! what a BUG

Message 5 of 12
jfeijo

but the ideal would be to be able to rotate the text that is in the centroid of the parcel. I do not understand how you can not do that. It seems ridiculous

Message 6 of 12
jefflambert9091

If you have Anchor Component to <Feature>, your anchor Point to Label Location and your attachment to Middle Center you are there. Then you can snap the area label by node and pick your rotation point. 

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 7 of 12
jfeijo
in reply to: jefflambert9091

Jeff, My settings are the way you said it but the only way to rotate is by changing the Rotation Angle. Now imagine irregular lots with different angles. it is not feasible to create dozens of styles
Message 8 of 12
Jeff_M

@jfeijo, I have the label for my lots as a non-plotting, small text, number only, label. I then ADD Parcel area labels by window, these labels can be rotated in any direction you like.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 9 of 12
jefflambert9091

On our Parcel Area Styles we set the Orientation Reference to "View" and not worry about rotating each area label. They may not be rotated with each parcel, but it is consistent.  

Also, on large subdivisions we get all the parcels in and then have them in their own drawing  with area labels in a not plot style. We then xref this drawing into our main drawing for labeling. Like Jeff_M, we use the ADD parcel area labels and we can rotate if need be.     

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 10 of 12
jfeijo

Tks Jeff,

I think it will serve

Message 11 of 12
jfeijo
in reply to: jefflambert9091

Tks Jeff

Message 12 of 12

Thanks for the tip!  I've been cussing for a few hours now trying to get my Label Styles to ROTATE....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report