Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IRC country code not followed properly for superelevation

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1091 Views, 3 Replies

IRC country code not followed properly for superelevation

Hello Autodesk Community,

I am using civil 3D 2015 from past 1 year and I am using IRC (Indian Road Congress) file (.xml country code) for my design purpose. Following problem associated with the country code file. I am not sure this problem is sorted out in 2016 and 2017 versions of Civil 3D or not.

The superelevation attainment method is not correctly mentioned . Every time it shows 'design checks violated' even if the required spiral length is more than the standard value required. {In Indian code, the superelevation is provided along Spiral (Runoff length).} Also the attainment shown in the superelevation View, is also not smooth (i.e., slope of the attainment is not even as shown in following image), even if the spiral length is increased.

e.JPG

Please see into this matter and let me know if more info/explanation is required.

-

Tushar

Civil 3D 2015

i7 8Gb ram

2 Gb radeon graphic

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: Anonymous

You might need to check the Design criteria are correct in the xml file.

I found a few errors in the Australian New Zealand one, more for minimum radii and widening methods.

To open the file, type the command AeccDesignCriteriaEditor on the command line and hit enter. (You can also go to Modify tab of the ribbon -> Alignment on the Design Panel. This will open the Alignment Context tab then on the Modify panel, click the drop down and select Design Criteria Editor)

This should open the Design Criteria Editor with xml file that is currently attached to the drawing.

You will need to go through the various parts and check the formulae and values.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Hi Andrewpuller3811,

Thank you for replying the query. As you mentioned earlier, I had made changes in the formula, the rate of attainment method was coming in the way I wanted. But the superelevation view was still showing some 'design checks violated'. The provided spiral length is sufficient, but the errors are shown up in superelevation table (image below) (showing the rate of change is not proper). How to rectify the formula used over here?. Also, do I need to bother for this error?

ttable.JPG

Thank you.

-Tushar

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I am also facing the same issue. In my case the low side lane is also running towards level crown and coming back to the full superelevation.

Also, I am not able to distribute the transition 1/3rd and 2/3rd when there is no spiral length provided for the curve.

Will anybody help me to solve this or share their customized design criteria file .xml for IRC guidelines?

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance

Prafull

Civil 3d 2015

i5 8gb ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report