Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERSECTION STAKEOUT

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
h.castrocelani
158 Views, 2 Replies

INTERSECTION STAKEOUT

Hi everyone!

As you know when automatic intersections are created not always function well when it comes to water drainage, so that I have to stake it out in order to provide certain elevations for water to run out of the intersection.

The way I stake out the inersection seems very slow and I can not find a faster way. What I do is to generate a top surface from the corridor and check out how water runs through and what areas is accumulated at. Since there, I place several staking point and modify their elevatioin in order water flows in the direction I want.  Afterwards, I export the points to an excel file, make a staking point table and I datalink it on the dwg file. 

It is kinda a back and forth process and it gets very annoying when there are several intersections. 

Is there any user that wants to share the workflow used for doing intersections stake out?

Thanks all!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: h.castrocelani

From a surveying perspective corridors in general could be easier to obtain the end goal. Personally, I think you should be able to create cogo points on the fly, from a corridor, even defined in the corridor model it's not there yet, it's getting there. (or I'm missing something)

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
h.castrocelani
in reply to: rl_jackson

Thanks !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

Rail Community