Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERSECTION ASSEMBLIE´S PROBLEMS

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
h.castrocelani
645 Views, 5 Replies

INTERSECTION ASSEMBLIE´S PROBLEMS

Hi everyone!

I am working on a project which has several T intersections. 

The corridor, for areas outside the intersections, I use the assembly shown in the imagine "Assembly" and for the intersection areas I use the assembly shown in the imagine "Intersection Assembly".

Well, the main issue is the difference, in height, between the both assemblies as it is seen in the imagine "Cross section". (Grey color represents the intersection assembly / Orange color represents the assembly out of the intersection)  

I would believe that the step produced in that transition (from the normal corridor to the intersection) is shifted by the use of a Median Depressed Shoulder Vert.

If any one know how to fix that problem I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Labels (6)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: h.castrocelani

You need something common for each assembly.  I don't think you referenced what profile line you are using for the elevation. 

Without a drawing it may not be easy to come up with what is not matching in your assemblies.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
tcorey

You need to go through your Subassembly Properties. Double-check your numbers.

If subassemblies from one or the other of your assemblies, need to be raised or lowered, Use a (Generic) LinkVertical. Move other subs to the new point at the end of the vertical sub.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 6
tcorey

video:

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 6
h.castrocelani
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks for your both replies.

Besides the solution you have presented, which I will try out later, I do not really understand the problem since it only happens when I use the Median Depressed Shoulder Vert subassembly. It seems the application point is shifted upwards and therefore both assemblies do not match. 

Message 6 of 6
h.castrocelani
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks for your reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report