Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infrastructure Suite Premium Installer

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Neilw_05
393 Views, 5 Replies

Infrastructure Suite Premium Installer

I've installed IDS Premium 2017. After installing, my Adobe Reader wants to run an installer every time I load it. Also C3D runs a configuration routine every time I load it. In the past this behavior was related to a file path not being correctly configured in one of the IDS modules (Navigator or Raster design as I recall).

I can't find any posts about this. Anyone have a solution? 

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Neilw_05

Hi Neil
I ask auto desk about the secondary installers running, and they told me to log in as administrator uninstall, install and run the product as admin before logging on as a use and running. I haven't tried it but it made sense to me

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Neilw_05
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I have a support request in so I'll wait for that rather than experiment. I'll post the solution if/when it comes.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 4 of 6
Joe-Bouza

Very good. that info did come to via a SR, too

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
Neilw_05

First response didn't work. Haven't had time to try the second response. Here are the suggested solutions:

First

Switch to an Admin user and retest. If it works, you know that the permission restrictions are the issue. Some things to try: 1.) Elevate the user privileges 2.) Right-click the desktop icon and set the program to "Run as an Administrator" 3.) Ensure the user has read/write access to the standard Autodesk folders and registry files. Folders: C:\Users\All Users\Autodesk C:\Users\<the current user>\AppData\Local\Autodesk C:\Users\<the current user>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared C:\Program Files\Autodesk C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet C:\ProgramData\Autodesk Registry Files: HKEY_CURRENT_USER>SOFTWARE>AUTODESK  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>SOFTWARE>AUTODESK

You can also test the following on one users computer, move the user account to the admin group in the domain, then log into computer as the user (now with admin rights) then open the software and then remove access to the users account one level down at a time until you find a correct security level/setting that will work for your organization and the Autodesk Software.  

SECOND

Log on to computer with an account that has administrator permissions. From the Control Panel uninstall Your Autodesk Software and your Adobe software Reboot computer Log on to computer with an account that has administrator permissions. Install the Autodesk software Reboot computer  Log on to computer with an account that has administrator permissions. Launch your Autodesk software. Reboot computer  Log on to computer with an account that has administrator permissions. Install your Adobe Software Reboot computer  Log on to computer with an account that has administrator permissions. Launch your Adobe software.  

Launch your Autodesk software. If both software are working normally. Then Log off the computer and log in with regular user account and launch Autodesk software then launch Adobe software.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 6 of 6
Joe-Bouza

I didn't like the sound of it either.

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report