Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infodrainage

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
bforr
513 Views, 6 Replies

Infodrainage

May not be the correct forum but didn't see one for Infodrainage.

Haven't purchased yet.

the Infodrainage page says it (not infodrainage ultimate) is for analyzing networks to reduce flooding downstream and Infoworks for modeling complex hydraulic and hydrologic network elements.

I played with the trial version a little (time ran out).  I imaging Infodrainage can model large complex networks and flooding of the system.

How large of a system can Infodrainage handle?

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
lim.wendy
in reply to: bforr

Hi Bryan,

Thank you for submitting your question in our discussion forums. Let me see if some of my colleagues from Innovyze can help with this. @mel.mengKTJ6P , @robert.dickinsonVR2DF, would either of you be able to assist this user? I would really appreciate it. 

Let us know if you require further assistance.

If the suggestions helped you, please hit the "Accept Solution" button, as it helps make the solution easier to find for others who might have the same issue. Knowing which topics are solved or not can also help our many users find the questions that still need to be answered. It’s also a great way to say thank you and give recognition to whoever helped you. 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 3 of 7

The IFD engine can handle tens of thousands of elements but the UX as it was built for smaller drainage projects in the UK is more comfortable with thousands instead of tens of thousands of elements

Message 4 of 7

Thank you for your reply.  I'm not sure what UX is but i don't think it matters as i am not in the UK.

There is a Robert Dickinson in another non-autodesk forum I follow.

Have a good day.

@lim.wendy Thank you for getting me a response.

Message 5 of 7
mel.mengKTJ6P

In the United States, if your title is design engineer and you are using CAD for most of your projects, probably you'll find InfoDrainage more suitable for your projects.

However, if your title is planning engineer or hydraulic engineer, and you are using GIS for most of your projects, probably you'll find InfoWorks ICM more suitable for your projects.

Mel Meng
Support Engineer
Message 6 of 7
mel.mengKTJ6P

UX = User Experience
UI = User Interface

InfoDrainage interface is optimized for designing projects, where you can layout the proposed drainage for a site development project.

Mel Meng
Support Engineer
Message 7 of 7
bforr
in reply to: mel.mengKTJ6P

Ah.  that is good information.  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report