Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

InfoDrainage - Inlet Calcs

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kbuckEGBWB
277 Views, 5 Replies

InfoDrainage - Inlet Calcs

Is there a way to analyze storm sewer inlets that sit in the middle of a parking lot and not along a curb??

Labels (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lim.wendy
in reply to: kbuckEGBWB

Hi Keith, 

Welcome to the Civil 3D forum. Thank you for submitting your question in our discussion forums.

Let me see if my colleagues who are experts in InfoDrainage, can help with this. @mel.mengKTJ6P , @robert.dickinsonVR2DF, would either of you be able to assist this user? I would really appreciate it.  

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Remember to mark your posts as having an "Accepted Solution" if a solution is found as it helps other forum users with the same issue – so don't be shy about marking it as a solution! Accepted solutions get viewed more and help more users find the answer to their problems. You could unmark the post as an accepted solution if the solution did not work. Click the ellipsis menu  > Not the Solution to cancel an accepted answer. 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 3 of 6

IFD has the following types of Inlets

Inlet Type - The type of inlet: Grate, Curb, Combination, or Slotted. 

Location - The location of the inlet: On Grade, or In Sag.

For a parking lot, you want a Grate In Sag.

Hope this helps.

Robert Dickinson

Message 4 of 6

Thanks Robert.

Does IFD use the surface data to determine inlet characteristics and capacity?

Is there a way to customize the inlet grate characteristics, such as open area and perimeter?

Message 5 of 6

Here is the Autodesk help page on Grates - it should answer your input parameter questions. 

https://help.autodesk.com/view/INFDS/ENU/?guid=GUID-61A2C223-85F3-4526-B342-DCAAF49E41E5

Message 6 of 6

This does not solve my issue.

The program appears to be specifically geared towards highway inlets. There appears to be no capability to analyze inlets located in the low point of a parking area, or other similar sag/low point....NOT curb inlets.

SSA at least had a version of the Neenah Foundry catalog included. InfoDrainage appears to offer no options for adding specific grate information (open area, perimeter) in order to analyze the large number of inlet grates available from even Neenah or East Jordan.

I was also under the impression that InfoDrainage recognized proposed surfaces in the calculations. That does not appear to be the case. On a project with numerous inlets, the manual entry of all the slope data to each inlet is cumbersome at best.

If I'm missing something obvious with either of these items, then I apologize. In all honesty, if these capabilities were present, it seems they'd be easier to find and use.

I have posted these issues on the Idea Forum in the hopes that this issue can be addressed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report