Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing/Exporting Description Key Sets

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
mehdi-guida
6218 Views, 14 Replies

Importing/Exporting Description Key Sets

How can i import/export Description Keys from/to a file ?

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
tcorey
in reply to: mehdi-guida

Put your Settings tab (of Toolspace) in Master View, then you can drag-n-drop Description Key Sets from drawing to drawing.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 15
Jeff_M

The Sincpac-C3D add-on package has the SPExportDescKeys and SPImportDescKeys that can help with this. I also posted a few years ago a standalone version of these that didn't include all of the options. I just did  a quick search and couldn't find the post, perhaps a more thorough search will turn it up.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous

I believe if you export a single point out to a landXML and reimport that to a new drawing, the desc keys will come with you.  You might have to change a setting to make it happen.

Message 5 of 15

If you mean out to a file and not to another drawing you can't, but you can vote on the link below. 

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-ideas/add-export-import-function-for-description-keys/idi-p/...

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: jefflambert9091
Message 7 of 15
jefflambert9091
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't think that works in 2018. I tried awhile ago and the description keys did not come in. I read the xml and no mention of description keys. Really, the keys themselves are only good with C3D. So the "file" would be the drawing itself with the description key set with it. 

Jeff
Civil 3D 2024
Message 8 of 15
kh_night

See this link:

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6549242331881672704

With this little app, you can import and export Description key set from text file.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: kh_night

Thank you for the link but when I try the "DESCKEYTRANSFER"  I get an InvalidArgument=Value of '0' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'. parameter name:SelectedIndex.  If anyone has experience with this dll and why I am getting this error I would appreciate the help.

Kevin Currykosky

Message 10 of 15
LucasHicks

Message 11 of 15
kh_night

Is there any description key set in your drawing? If there is no description key set, just create new one.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: kh_night

Thank you, I did create a Description Key Set but I have over 650 codes all defined in Leica Infinity and I am looking for a solution to get those into Civil 3D without recreating and redefining all the codes, layers, and blocks.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous

Thank you

Message 14 of 15
Sea-Haven

I know its an old post but I do have a import from excel the description key set. PM me looking into it for some one at moment.

Message 15 of 15

If you just select them all in the editor window of your description key sets and right click on the very last one at the bottom then you can click on the copy to clipboard and simply paste on a blank excel sheet. But for importing you need an add on like Civil 3D Tools. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report