Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydraflow Storm Sewers Run-time Error '75'

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1484 Views, 4 Replies

Hydraflow Storm Sewers Run-time Error '75'

I have been using hydraflow storm sewers to model simple site storm drainage systems for permitting. I've started working for a new company where I have both a 2008 version and an old 2003 version. I am able to create a new file in the 2003 version and import the alignment by a dxf file and save it but I cannot edit it beyond that point. Both versions are giving the same message: Run-time error '75': Path/File access error. Then the program closes. Does anyone know what this means or how to fix it? I've tried re-booting and also relocating the file in the directory so that the path is shorter.

Also, is there a user's manual online somewhere?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
annw2
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't know the error code, but I thought the dxf import was for 'pretty picture' import only. You then have to trace the lines to input the pipes?

Will look up when I get to office with manual.

I always used the xml import to bring in data. Are you exporting from vanilla AutoCAD, LDD, 3d or other software?

Why aren't you using the 2008 version if available?

If you have the software, you have the manual. The help function is pages of the manual. The software came with a small 8.5" X 5" manual for both versions.
Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 3 of 5
annw2

OK. In office with manual.

DXF plan layout 250 lines max. Single Line or Polylines only.
Lines must be drawn in upstream direction.
First line must be either 1 or last line.
Use snap mode when drawing.
Do not have on layer 0 or any layer beginning with a number.
One outfall at a time only.

DXF as background is for 'pretty picture' no data exchange.

Error is trying to save blank file? DXF not saved in .stm file but in C:\Program files\Hydraflow\Storm Sewers 2005\*.mydxfbackground.dxf

Storm Sewer can only read line, polyline, LWPolyline, arcs and circles up to 250 lines.
No line weights, other entities, blocks, and text.

Only exports dxf plan plots & profile plots.
Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 4 of 5
Matt.Anderson

Pipe Layouts can be imported by way of a continuous polyline and exported out of AutoCAD via dxf.

Its a simple way to import a pipe network.

As for the file error - I don't know and I doubt anyone at Autodesk would have the answer or solution to the issue. It a generic vb file/access or permissions issue error.

Keep your dxf file small - export only the pipe runs to dxf.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

Thank you Matthew and annw2. I have the resolution. It was the network locations of the .dxf and the .stm with respect to the executable files. I am new here and am the only engineer. I just needed separate subdirectories for each project under the application folder....brings everything right in for me like I am used to.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report