Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydraflow Storm Sewers Forgets Bypass Targets

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jpickering95T4G
516 Views, 3 Replies

Hydraflow Storm Sewers Forgets Bypass Targets

Hey everyone!  The people in my company are having an issue with Hydraflow Storm Sewers forgetting our bypass targets when we re-export our pipe network from Civil 3D into Hydraflow Storm Sewers.

Our typical workflow is to build our initial pipe network design in C3D and then export to Hydraflow Storm Sewers to do our design (run storms, adjust inverts/pipe sizes, etc.).  After we input everything, run our storms, and we are satisfied with the design, we re-import this Hydraflow Storm Sewers design back into C3D so our pipe network in C3D updates to match our latest design.

If we have to make a revision to this design (add an inlet, move an inlet, etc.), we will first make our revision to our pipe network in C3D and then re-export this updated pipe network out to Hydraflow Storm Sewers.  This new Hydraflow Storm Sewers file remembers mostly everything from our previous design.  It remembers rim elevations, invert elevations, drainage areas, runoff coefficients, times of concentration, if the inlets are on grade or in sag, etc.

However, this new Hydraflow Storm Sewers file does not remember one thing - the bypass targets.  The new file will reset all of the bypass targets back to "offsite" (the default value).  Strangely enough, the new Hydraflow Storm Sewers file will remember one bypass target, but it sets the rest of them back to "offsite".

I tried exporting a pipe network from C3D to Storm and Sanitary Analysis and the same thing was happening with the bypass targets.

Does anyone know if we are doing something wrong here or if there is a fix for this?  I can provide more information if needed.  FYI -  we are using C3D 2020.  Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bretbenz
in reply to: jpickering95T4G

Having the same issue in C3D 2023. Did you find a solution?
Landscape Architect
Message 3 of 4

We have not found a solution at my company.  And yes, this is still an issue in the latest version of CAD.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Message 4 of 4
elanderos
in reply to: jpickering95T4G

I would love a solution to this.

Currently we use Hydroflow to size pipes and import/export from C3D anytime changes are made.

Recently started using catchments as it is useful to have a drainage area linked so that we don't  need to manually type in drainage areas anytime they change.

Further, if we could use SSA to do our spread calcs as well, this would drastically reduce our workflow. We could update 1 catchment and export to SSA to update spread and pipe calcs all at once. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report