Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto get Civil3D to plot color bands for Surface Slope Analysis?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
camptech
94 Views, 2 Replies

Howto get Civil3D to plot color bands for Surface Slope Analysis?

My Googling and searching the C3D forum have proven fruitless.  I figured out how to create a Surface Slope Analysis displaying all areas of my drawing in five bands:  0-10% (cyan), 10-20% (light green), 20-30% (dark green), 30-33% (yellow), and > 33% (specifically 33-100%; red).

The colors display in model model space and paperspace.  I was able to stumble my way through inserting a Slope Table.  But when I try to create a PDF with the colors to send to the builder client to highlight the high slope problem areas (> 33%)... all I get is a black and white plot, although the Slope Table colors plot fine.

This is very frustrating.

Here is the Surface Properties popup window:

Surface Properties popup - Screenshot 2024-07-03 115224.png

Here is a screen capture of a paperspace window:

Surface Slopes - color banding - Paperspace - Screenshot 2024-07-03 115224.png

But when I plot and create a PDF, the PDF has no color on the surface, although the color swatches are correctly shown in the Slope Table.  Similarly, if I click on [ Preview ] in the Plot menu window, the preview shows no colors where the surface is, although the Slope Table shows the color swatches correctly.

I'm thinking there's got to be a quick and easy way to do this (that is just non-obvious)... or maybe not.  Who knows with C3D.

Here is what a Plot Preview looks like (screen grab):

Surface Slopes - color banding - Screenshot 2024-07-03 115224.png

TIA for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
user181
in reply to: camptech

Edit the surface style and on the Display tab make sure the Slopes component is assigned a layer that plots.

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
camptech
in reply to: user181

Thank you!

Will have to chock this one up as PEBKAC.

I had poked around inside the Edit Surface Style Dialogue... but I had failed to notice the scrollbar on the far right and totally missed the *Slopes* entry. Sure enough, that layer was one I had created, and it was set to NOT plot. Changing that layer to plot and creating a PDF with surface colored to slope values worked without any further issues.

Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report