Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import layout tabs from another drawing without losing original tab order?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
akitchensZEZPR
198 Views, 2 Replies

How to import layout tabs from another drawing without losing original tab order?

I've been importing tabs from other drawings for YEARS, but I'm just now experiencing an issue.

Normally, I right click on any tab and choose "from Template" from the drop-down menu to import tabs from another drawing)  Most of our drawings use sheet numbers like 001, 002, 003, 003-1, 003-02, 004, etc. So this works exactly as expected when you import these tabs. They come in the correct order, no problem. 

HOWEVER, on our newest client we are using a more "grid" like sheet layout, and the pages aren't numbered in numeric order but in the order of the design flow as it passes through the grid. We also aren't using triple-digit numbers (001). Because of this, when you go to import the sheet tabs, the program pulls them in "numerically" but extremely out of order (starting with sheet 10).

It would be great if we could divide up the workload and then combine the sheets at the end, but because of this quirk in the system we would either have to make one person work on a HUGE project by themselves or else import each sheet tab one at a time.

Is there a way to do this without losing the sheet order?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi @akitchensZEZPR 

Based on your description, there’s no way to pull them into your current drawing in the sequence you want. You can, however, click-and-drag tabs. For example, if you have 10 tabs beginning with 1, then 10, 2, 3, 4, etc.you can click-and-drag tab 10 and manually place it after tab 9. 

It’s probably best if you do it in ‘groups’ of 10-ish so you don’t have to drag a tab too far. 

Chicagolooper
Message 3 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: akitchensZEZPR

SMH! I can only wish windows would fix this problem, until then 1 is 1 and 10 is 1 it's still 1

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report