Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskโ€™s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to import google earth to C3D 2016

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
kelvxd92
38043 Views, 16 Replies

How to import google earth to C3D 2016

Hello there, I'm new to C3D and currently following tutorials and books from 2011/2010 guidelines. However, i faced several problems as in importing the google earth to C3D 2016, as i couldnt see the this >>> ( surface>command>importGIS ) <<<<. Apart from that, i couldn't see any import from google earth in my file tab.  ๐Ÿ˜ž Is there any plugin need to be installed ? Does anyone have an idea how to do this ? Ur help is sooo much appreciated !! Cheeerss Smiley Happy

I have attached the image for your reference. ๐Ÿ˜„

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
rl_jackson
in reply to: kelvxd92

The feature (command) was removed in 2013 due to Google Earth copyright issues, just not sure how they own what is already freely available from USGS.

Try Google Earth Explorer, and you can download the DEM & Ortho or other available images from there based on your area of interest.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 17
kelvxd92
in reply to: rl_jackson

Which mean the version before 2013 was able to import google earth ? I have searched through all the previous version of civil 3d 2010/2011, but i found none of them exist. Do you have any other idea of getting it ? anyway, thanks for the reply and help tho. Cheers ! 

Message 4 of 17
Pointdump

K,

Have you tried Bing Live Maps (GeoLocation Tab)? Works very well with C3D 2016. If you really need Google Earth, use either the free version of Trimble Business Center or QGIS.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 17
neilyj666

There is also Model builder in Infraworks 360 and this can be imported to civil 3d 2016 as far as I can tell.

I'd be wary of using any of these cloud service type GIS data sources for anythIng other than high level conceptual overviews of proposals. In other words do not use them as the basis for a detailed design.

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2025 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 17
tcorey

Specifically, AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 had Google Earth Import.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 7 of 17
kelvxd92

Thank you everyone for the helps and suggestions !! Definitely will look after all the solution you have posted. Greatly appreciated for all the helps there ! Cheersss ! 

Message 8 of 17
Pointdump

K,

Brad, @ceethreedee.com, posted these very detailed instructions on his blog to use QGIS to bring GoogleEarth imagery into Civil 3D:

http://ceethreedee.com/drawing-management/googlebing-etc-imagery-into-cad-using-quantum-gis-qgis

http://ceethreedee.com/uncategorized/importing-higher-resolution-imagery-from-google-to-cad-using-qg...

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 9 of 17
kelvxd92

Thanks everyone for the reply !! Its gonna take me sometime to figure all that solution you guys had posted ! Thanks and Cheers guys ! 

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

YOU MAY IMPORT GOOGLE EARTH C3D 2012. THEN REOPEN THIS FILE IN C3D 2016 FOR FURTHER PROCESS.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous

We use Plex.Earth the last four years in my company, for all the version from AutoCAD 2010 up to 2016.

It's an everyday tool for us.

Hope it helps.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: tcorey

Im also facing the same problem.. I've been searching for a 2012 version of civil 3d, but cant find any.. can u please send me a link if there is.. thankz! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 13 of 17
AllenJessup
in reply to: Anonymous

If you're on Maintenance (f.k.a. Subscription) you can request it from your reseller. Or see HERE

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 14 of 17
tcorey
in reply to: AllenJessup

Autodesk will allow maintenance/subscription customers to access old versions, but only three versions prior to the most current. Since 2017 is the current version, you can get serial numbers for 2014 through 2016, but not 2012.

If you are located in the USA, you can capture terrain, imagery, buildings, roads, hydrology, etc. from the free National Map Viewer, created and maintained by USGS. It's not as convenient as Google Earth was, but it has far more data.

Autodesk provides the Model Builder for InfraWorks 360 subscribers. InfraWorks models can be imported into Civil 3D.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 15 of 17
AllenJessup
in reply to: tcorey

For customers on Maintenance (Subscription) you can get a network license or Auth. code for any version you had a valid license for. Limited by the number of licenses you had of that version or the number of current licenses you have. Whichever is lower. We're still getting 2009 network licenses so we can run LDTC2009 for older project conversion.

I agree with looking at alternate sources. Your state may be a good source. NY has a GIS Clearing house where you can download full color aerials of false color inferred. They fly in the spring so you can see better detail than can often be seen in Google.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous

I am also Experiencing the same problem.

I've done it before though I just fogot how

Message 17 of 17
Anonymous

Dear sir please install Autocad Civil 3d 2012 64 bit and after install google earth 5.0 this is link https://dl.google.com/earth/client/GE5/release_5_0_1/GoogleEarth-Win-Plus-5.0.11733.9347.exe

import image option will work fine

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

ย 

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ย