Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get 2 pipes on one structure.

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mterrell_Y4ETRUSA4HUR
191 Views, 4 Replies

How to get 2 pipes on one structure.

Hello, I need to get 2 pipes connected to the catch basins as shown on the photo below. I need at least 1 pipe connected to structure so it shows on profile correctly. How do I get at least 1 pipe connected to the catch basins so that the pipe is showCapture.PNGn like on the photo, where it does not connect to the center of the structure, rather it is offset and 2' between the other pipe.

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

When you draw the pipe, a little "connect" icon will pop up when you hover over the structure to join to. 

Message 3 of 5

The hover icon connects pipes to center of structure, but I need the 2 pipes to connect like what is in the photo where they arent in the center. I think I am going to have to place 4 null structures on top of the 2 catch basins and do it this way.

Message 4 of 5

You can move the ends f the pipe(s) within the structure once they're connected.  Be sure to keep the end of the pipe within the limits of the structure or it will become disconnected.  If you move the structure after relocating the ends they will snap back to the middle of the structure.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Message 5 of 5

This worked! Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report