Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Edit Wall Thickness in Parts List for a given pipe size?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mterrell_Y4ETRUSA4HUR
613 Views, 7 Replies

How to Edit Wall Thickness in Parts List for a given pipe size?

I want to make a 23" x 14" Horizontal Elliptical pipe for storm drain system with a 2.75" thickness since this is actual pipe thickness of the pipe being constructed. Civil 3d does not let me change the wall thickness of this pipe and keep the pipe size. Is there a way I can make a 23" x 24" horizontal elliptical pipe with a 2.75" wall thickness?

mterrell_Y4ETRUSA4HUR_0-1720197098307.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

To add a new part size that isn't available in your parts list, you need to add the new size to the relevant part through Part Builder.

To do this, click on any pipe or structure, under Parts List tab, pick Parts Builder. Choose Pipe or Structure in the part catalog dialogue box, then choose the part you want to edit by double clicking. This will open a separate DWG with the parts parametric sizes.

Pick Size Parameters (right click) and choose edit values. Select an item on the list, then pick New, then you can add in a new part size line, including Wall Thickness. Once you've added your new size, validate this by clicking on the Traffic lights button, save and exit the DWG. 

When you go to the Parts list of your pipe network, click on the part, right click, add parts size, and your new sizes should be available to select and add to the list.

Message 3 of 8

I did you steps and it is still not showing a 2.75 inch wall thickness. I followed steps like you said in part build and validated the pipe (all I did was create new copy of pipe with a 2.75" wall thickness instead of 4"), and I saved and closed the part builder file. In my parts list in the design file, it is still not showing the correct wall thickness option

Message 4 of 8

When I go back into part builder it is not showing the new pipe I just added. There must be another step I  am missing.

Message 5 of 8

You must save the Parts Builder by Validating then saving using the save icon on the same tab before closing and saving:-  (Screen grab of all the steps in the attached file)

ianjchap_0-1720381632536.png

ianjchap_1-1720381672836.png

Message 6 of 8

I Think, In part build you can change the Wth to list or table fro the default calculation 

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

This worked thanks. The step I was missing was using the save icon. Previously, I just saved the file like I usually would do any other autocad file, but I needed to use the save icon for it to work.

Message 8 of 8

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for confirming that Ian's suggestion worked to resolve the issue with editing wall thickness for your pipe size in Civil 3D. I will mark his response as the "Answer" so that others who run into the same issue can find the solution in the future. Marking posts as solved helps others find solutions more quickly and is a great way to recognise helpful contributions.

If you have any more questions or encounter further issues, feel free to ask for assistance. We're here to help!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Rails Summit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report