Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define elevation range on production profile views

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
700 Views, 5 Replies

How to define elevation range on production profile views

Hello.
How do I get the profile views in production sheets to have all the same elevation range?
When Civil 3D creates the profile views I only get to see the design profile, and the existing grade is not visible, because the design profile is aligned to the botton of the profile view, and nothing bellow is visible.
When I select all profile views and try to modify the elevation range, only one of the profile views changes.

Greetings from Paraguay.

Claudio Bogado Pompa.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
wfberry
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried the CREATE MULTIPLE PROFILE VIEW setting under Profile View -->Profile View Styles-->Commands-->CreateMultipleProfileView.

I believe this would have to be set prior to running your profiles.

Bill

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks for your answer.
I created the profile views with the Output > Create plans command.

In the drawing there is a single profile view.

Message 4 of 6
Joe-Bouza

In the wizard there is a button to set height based on A profile...averages it... you can try the different options to see what works for you.

to be honest, I know I have to go to each sheeta anyway and adjust the datum to suit.

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
cwr-pae

In addition to the answers offered by Bill and Joe, in the profile view style the settings for grid padding control how far the grid extends above and below the profile the view is created for. Make sure this is set to a reasonable number of paper units to give enough cushioning at the scales intended. I use 2" for both in my (imperial units) template and usually have good results with the automatic height setting.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I did not found a way to change several elevations at once.

I had to code a custom command to copy the elevations from a template profile view to the plan profile views.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report