Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to create a subassembly

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dilsmails
426 Views, 1 Reply

how to create a subassembly

Hi all Anybody can help me to create a subassembly as attached dwg & image

subassembly.JPG

Dileep
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doni49
in reply to: dilsmails

Is the cross slope the same for all the layers? 

You could of course create one single subassembly and it would be very easy to do so.  But unless you know that nobody else will be needing to open your file, I wouldn't do so.  If others will need your file, it becomes a major hassle to distribute the SA and maintain the correct version everywhere in case there are changes (such as if you notice a problem).

But if you do still want to create the SA, do a search through the AU classes for anything from Kati Mercier.  She's done a number of AU classes on SAC (Sub Assembly Composer). 

In addition, I wrote up a short SAC how-to sheet that you might find helpful. It was originally intended for my co-workers. But since that time, I've posted it here too.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/sub-assembly-composer-getting-started/m-p/530...

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report