Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add soil type information on plan, profile view band and section view

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
795 Views, 2 Replies

How to add soil type information on plan, profile view band and section view

Hello Everybody

I am from Nepal and its a Himalayan country having many hills and mountains.

For the road design in hilly and mountainous regions, For the tender purpose, I need to define the different cutting slope for the different soil type like this, 

side slope and soil type.JPG

which varies the cutting volume too. (soil type information are provided by geotechnical engineers)

Example;

Chainage 0+000 to 2+000 = Medium rock

Chainage 2+000 to 3+500 = Ordinary soil

Now, 

How can I add these soil type information in plan profile view band and cross-sections and how can I provide different cutting slope in daylight to create corridor? I would be thankful if anybody gives the solution.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Neil.Aryan
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

For Profile:

You can create an empty band style and show or add the varied slope information for the profile segment for example from station 0+000.000 to 0+950.00 is soft soil and etc.

For Cross Section:

You have to create various types of assembly with slope differ then you can easily generate the sections as per standards and show these information as well.

For Plan:

You can add simple annotation.

Using reference text option may be can play around and get what you want not sure you may achieve what you want completely or half.

you can share the sample drawing where its already show or done in previous projects for better understanding and sort out the current project.

Did you found this post is unique ? Hit Like Button.
Did this post resolved your issue? Hit Accept as Solution & Like Button. This will be helps others to solve the issue.
Cheers,

Neil
Project Manager | Civil | ACE Inc.
Certified Civil 3d Professional | YouTube | My-Blog

Message 3 of 3
neilyj666
in reply to: Anonymous

You will need to assume one of the slopes for each of the types rather than a range e.g ordinary soil 1:1 or it will get very complicated. You will also need to get the geotechs to provide surfaces of the various geological horizons.

There are assemblies that can deal with various horizons in cuttings (not in front of Civil 3D at present so can't advise the names) or sub assembly composer may be a (more involved) alternative.

First step though is find the extent and depths of the various horizons

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2025 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report