Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Sites and Parcels

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ERDAHLJ
231 Views, 2 Replies

Help with Sites and Parcels

Hello,

I have Lots 106 and 107 on Site1 and I have lot 105 on Site2. Lot 105 does not have a vertex or PI anywhere along its west line but I am unable to annotate it with the full distance while it is "touching" the other two lots. If I pull it off into space, I can annotate it just fine but when they are together as shown in the screen capture, the lots are interacting in some way and I cannot annotate it correctly. 

SITES.JPG

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

That is intended behavior in Civil 3D. You'll want to change the label style to use the Span outside Segments on the Text Component in the Layout Tab, Label Style Composer for a Parcel Line Label Style. 

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni
Message 3 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: ERDAHLJ

Welcome to the forum

To add to what was already said, you should also place everything on one site, use parcel styles for the different elements (i.e. right-of-way/block, lot lines and overall boundary (generally I have the overall on a seperate site as well, and copy it when doing the subdividing). This will allow the line to interact and then you can use a spanning label for the west side of lot 105 that provides the overall bearing and distance and a distance only label on the east site of 106 & 107 for the rear of each lot.

Parcels are a very powerful tool but they can blow up in your face quickly, be diligent of your linework and get to know site hierachy for display purposes. You'll also want to keep things in mind what you don't want to interact with your lots like easement, they would need a seperate site, placing them in the same site would reduce lot size, this is intended behavior also.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report