Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Average Volume Calculation Method Issue ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
nguyenlehoang.cj
161 Views, 4 Replies

Help: Average Volume Calculation Method Issue ?

Hi all,

I am calculating the volume of soil using method Average Volume Calculation, but I see that the result table has a problem. Almost all the positions are correct, only 2 positions of the filled soil have the wrong volume calculated ?

I have checked and exported the material table again but the result is still the same.

Can someone help me with this problem ?

Average Volume Calculation Issue.png

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeew-m
in reply to: nguyenlehoang.cj

Hi,

Try to add frequency lines on corridor at the problematic locations.

WATCH THIS to get a better idea

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 5

@Jeew-m 

thanks for the reply,

I also created a section to check the area and it is still correct, however when calculating the volume it is wrong (see attached image above). I have not found the cause yet.

Message 4 of 5

I still haven't figured out the cause, has anyone ever had this problem, can you help me? 😓

Message 5 of 5

I searched and read some articles about this problem.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/volume-table-end-area-math/m-p/9382909/highlight/false...

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil-3d-forum/volume-calculations-and-curve-tolerance-values/td-p/37...

==>The solution: uncheck a box for curve tolerance. And the result is the calculation will be correct as when calculated manually.

curve tolerance.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report