Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch Problems Plotting

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
2734 Views, 11 Replies

Hatch Problems Plotting

I have installed C3D 2018, and when I go to plot my drawings to a pdf, some of the hatching does not plot.  I have also noticed that another drawing will plot an aerial.  I can change the hatch to another type, and it will plot.

Anyone else having this problem?

My computer is:

Civil 3D 2018

Windows 10 Pro-64 bit system

Intel Core i7-5930K cpu @ 3.5ghz

Nvidia Quadro K2200

32.0 GB ram

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have the latest update installed, it resolved some issues with plotting and hatch, not sure if it was your issues, but I know it was included.

it can be found here:

https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

I don't see any downloads available at the link.  I downloaded and installed as a free trial.  We have since updated our license server and running thru it.  It is showing up as a trial version in the manager.  Could this be the problem, and if so, how do I get this to correct itself.

Message 4 of 12
chriscowgill7373

it seems that Autodesk has changed its service model, if you are on subscription or maintenance and have access to the product (not just the trial) you get access to the updates.  I'm not sure how you would get it if you are just on a trial.  If you have a valid subscription or maintenance, you should have received a sign in or serial number to use to get out of trial mode

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 5 of 12
spsluka

I'm having the same issue with my system and plotting transparent hatch to PDF.  Been racking my head for three days on it.  with me it seems that a large area of solid hatch get dropped off a PDF plot.  When I take that larger area and break it up into smaller hatch objects I can get it to plot out.  Maybe try breaking your areas down to smaller ones and see if that is a workaround for you?

Message 6 of 12
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: spsluka

Your issue almost sounds like it is related to some of the Hatch variables

HPMAXLINES

and (SETENV "MaxHatch")

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Copy your hatch boundary into paper space (chspace) and hatch it there. I had the same "no show in plot" problem and this was the only way I found for it to work.

Ryan Thomas, BSCE

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

I have been encountering the same issue. I'm on Civil 3D 2018.2 with a stand-alone license. This was specifically with the dot hatch. I am using the dot hatch in 3 X-Refs (survey base file, line work base file, & a base file by others). I've been going crazy that the hatch was plotting from the line work & other dwg, but not from my own survey dwg. I even copied the hatch out of the dwg by others & pasted it into the survey dwg and that copied hatch plotted but not the hatch created in the survey dwg. After trying a million different variables, & banging my head on my desk, I came across this thread & tried breaking the hatch up into smaller sections (although I've done much larger sections than this before without issues) and TADA! the hatch plots!

Message 9 of 12
Kristow4

I just tried the HPMAXLINES command as suggested by @chriscowgill7373 and changed the value from 100000 to 500000 and it worked on Civil 3D 2018. Thanks!

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Kristow4

Thanks,

This solved my problem. 

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous

Try this as @Kristow4 said

@Kristow4 wrote:

I just tried the HPMAXLINES command as suggested by @chriscowgill7373 and changed the value from 100000 to 500000 and it worked on Civil 3D 2018. Thanks!

Message 12 of 12
cwwenterprises

If hatches are not shown in your plot preview, open the layer properties and look at the print icon column and uncheck any red dots with a minus symbol.  You can choose what layers to print or not. This is the first thing I check when the hatches are not shown in plot previews.  This is true for any layers.   Occasionally, if hatch symbols are on different labels,  there are times when some hatches will not be seen in the the plot preview. Check for the red dot.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report