Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Transition With Grade To Distance

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
holmino
1009 Views, 8 Replies

Grading Transition With Grade To Distance

Good morning,

Is it possible to use the grading transition to grade to distance at different lengths? Please check the .jpg for clarity. Thanks for your help, Enrico.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
fcernst
in reply to: holmino

Yes it is...

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2025
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 9
holmino
in reply to: fcernst

Fred,

Thanks for your quick reply. Could you list the steps you took to get it done when you have time?

When I try transitioning, the grading equals out on all sides. I should note that I'm not grading to the existing ground surface. Just a 2% grade from the foundation at the different lengths as mentioned. I'm going to try again. I will post the file with my results. -Enrico

Message 4 of 9
holmino

I've got one side to work, but it looks funky. When I try transitioning on the other side, the entire grading becomes one piece. For my transition, I'm clicking in between the gradings, not using points as I don't know how to use that. I've attached the file. -Enrico

Message 5 of 9
fcernst

I just quickly converted a rectangle to a featureline, then created the for partial Distance criteria gradings for each side, then created the transitions.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2025
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 6 of 9
holmino

Got it. I will try it like that and report right back. -Enrico

Message 7 of 9
fcernst

You just need to give a little more room around the corners so it can create the Transitions.

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2025
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 8 of 9
holmino

I got it to work. I graded the 4 sides first like you said, then added the transitions by clicking in between the gradings. I clicked closer to the outer edge and it worked fine. Thank you very much for the help and quick response. -Enrico 

Message 9 of 9
holmino

...and I left more room as well, like you mention. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report