Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grading Optimization - Pathway at radius

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
clbears3510
338 Views, 3 Replies

Grading Optimization - Pathway at radius

When using the pathway tool on a curb ramp at a radius. The ramp needs max cross slope of 2% and max travel way slope of 8.3%. If you use the short side of the ramp as the pathway you have a triangle left out and if you use the long side of the ramp for the pathway, you overshoot the radius.

How to work this?

Screenshot 2023-02-09 111910.jpg

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
SoaresASBCAD
in reply to: clbears3510

Te explicamos como usar la herramientas "PATHWAYS", que ayuda a realizar nivelación de vialidades en Grading optimization 2023.1 Pathways are new objects that represent sidewalks, driveways, and other ingress and egress paths. #Gradingoptimization #proyectos #Infraestructura #BIM
Message 3 of 4
Charlie.Ogden
in reply to: clbears3510

Hi @clbears3510, it's not ideal, but I think I would use the short side and then draw a closed polyline for a zone in the missing triangle.  The way it's drawn it will impact the slopes in the road, but if you pull it back you'll still want a constraint on the missing triangle like you said. You may just need the extra zone, like I show in blue.  It's possible an Offset Points line like I show in red may be needed to constrain a max elevation difference to meet the max 8.3% slope. If you then turn Aligned Surface on for the zone I think you'll get I triangle maintaining the cross slope along the adjacent edge of the pathway, and the max longitudinal slope along the other edge.

RampAtCurve.jpg

Charlie Ogden, PE
Product Manager
Message 4 of 4
clbears3510
in reply to: Charlie.Ogden

Thanks, will give that a shot. I thought messing with priorities might work but hadn't got there.

Below is a similar problem that I believe will require an additional zone, non-uniform sidewalk width.

Screenshot 2023-02-10 112044.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report