Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GET GUID FOR 3D OBJECT IN CIVIL 3D

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
galicinao-roger
448 Views, 4 Replies

GET GUID FOR 3D OBJECT IN CIVIL 3D

How to get the GUID or Globally Unique Identifier for 3d object in civil 3d? Thanks

Labels (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi @galicinao-roger 

Would please give some examples for your goal?

I can research and help you to get some data with 3D objects right then.

Message 3 of 5

i want to include GUID as a parameter name and its value inside civil 3d and export to IFC. 

Message 4 of 5

i think handle Id and Guid is a different thing in Civil 3D. handle ID is easy to see in civil 3d but i cant find the GUID of 3d object unlike in revit,  automatically you can see in  properties window already 

Message 5 of 5

I would assume you are trying to get it programmatically.  How do you get it manually?  I dont know that I've ever seen anything related to a GUID, except when it comes to working with catalogs for gravity and pressure networks, but that is for data within the catalogs, not for the data within Civil 3D.  At that point, I would think that all 24" structures that are the same part all have the same GUID.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report