Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation tab on ribbon is missing Civil 3D 2019

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2180 Views, 12 Replies

Geolocation tab on ribbon is missing Civil 3D 2019

I just switched from Civil 3D 2017 to Civil 3D 2019 and when I set the coordinates for the projection in the drawing settings window the geolocation tab doesn't appear.

I have looked to check the geolocation tab on the ribbon in the CUI settings but there is no geolocation to check under tabs. I am at a loss as to how to fix this. I am also signed into my 360 account.

Emma

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

Are both 2017 and 2019 on the same PC, and if so, did you choose to do any "migration" steps when you first fired up 2019?
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: rkmcswain

Yes, both software are on the same PC and yes, migration to the extent of exporting my profile over to 2019 and copying the pen and plotter settings into the new 2019 windows explorer file.

PC is windows 7 professional. 16 GB, 64-bit O.S. Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU 3.6 GHz
Message 4 of 13
rkmcswain

Sorry, I should have clarified. Did you allow AutoCAD to do any migration, it would have looked something like this. 
migrator.png

Regardless of that, you say that you've already searched the CUI file for the contextual tab that's missing and it's not in there? 

Is it missing under "Contextual Tab States"?

cts7.png

Or is the tab itself missing?

tim21.png

Perhaps it was removed. You can go back to your install source, find the stock menu file and replace yours with this one. 

Message 5 of 13
neilyj666

What coordinate system are you using? I had an issue with one of the UK ones not being recognised

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 6 of 13
tmachado

Hi @Anonymous, Migration of CUI in C3D is a none recommended practice, you will be better of recreating all your customization in your CUI from the CUI window.

to fix this you will need to reset your user settings to default, here is a link with the steps to do so:

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Resolving-user-specific-issues-by-resetting-AutoCAD-Civil-3D-2019.html

Hope this will help!

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the LIKES button

Tatiana Machado
BIM Manager/ Autodesk Certified Instructor
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn
InfraWorks Ambassador

Message 7 of 13
rkmcswain

Resetting of the user profile is a brute force approach and sometimes a good idea, but in this case, I'd simply replace the cui file with the stock OOTB one, and not trash the entire user profile.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous

It is missing from both, I agree it must of been deleted from the 2019 folder. I am having other issues, one being double click edit is not working on text (mtext is working however). Maybe this is a similar issue with the same cause.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: neilyj666

Canada, provinces, NAD 83. It was working fine in previous versions. There are some other setting missing in 2019 that didn't carry over, such as double clicking single line text to edit.

Message 10 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, ultimately what I ended up having to do that fixed this problem as well as some other problems I was having with Civil 3D 2019 was to uninstall and reinstall the software. This was able to fixed the missing geolocation tab, double click text edit for single line text, and the sub-assembly problem I also I had. Just FYI for anyone who also has these same issues and are looking for a solution.

Message 11 of 13
JosephV

Well, I reinstalled, and the tab is still missing..... any other ideas?

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: JosephV

A couple of suggestions yes. First thing is that when I tried to repair the installation it didn't work, I had to uninstall and reinstall the software. If nothing else works you may have to try it again, as annoying as it is.

1. Might be an easy fix in case you missed this, do you have the coordinate system/datum and projection turned on in your drawing? Go to drawing utilities and to drawing settings and the first tab units and zone select the correct coordinate system.

2. I had fixed other issues I had, such as draw order changing back, by downloading the Autodesk Desktop App and doing a ton of updates. The desktop app currently isn't working for me now, you can also login in on the web-browser and complete the updates. 

Message 13 of 13
ABELLAA

Hey Mark/Emmma!

I have the same dilemma as emma's original post - Geolocation Ribbon missing and proper migration have been done. Actually, we have to use v2018 for a specific project hence it's an old version. We have to install it in a new laptop and everything has been done accordingly (by the IT department). How do we add the GEOLOCATION ribbon? Appreciate any help you could extend.

-a

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report