Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation Bing Satellite Imagery

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
851 Views, 4 Replies

Geolocation Bing Satellite Imagery

The Geolocation imagery doesn't work for coordinate system CANST-NB83-CSRS. When will this be fixed? I can use CANST-NB83 but then I get this message (see attached).

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
gabriel.guevara.quesada
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi!

Please take a look at the following article:

Kind regards,

Gabriel Guevara

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you for your reply. CANST-NB83-CSRS is the coordinate system that we use in New Brunswick, Canada. All of my drawings are set to this by default (unless we are using some type of local grid). The problem is that the Geolocation tab and Bing Maps don't work for this coordinate system (they do work for all other coordinate systems that I've tried), however if I use CANST-NB83 as a corrdinate system Bing Maps does work but It is called an obsolete coordinate system and it has "INCORRECT VALUES" as you can see in the screenshot I've attached in my previous post. Now, this is somewhat of a workaround, however I have no confidence in the CANST-NB83 as a corrdinate system as I have to be sure that the placement and corrdinates of things such as survey markers are correct. What I would like to know is when this feature will be working correctly for the coordinate system CANST-NB83-CSRS as I would like to avoid uninstalling AutoCAD C3D 2016 for everyone in the office and reinstalling 2015.

Thanks again for your help,

Bret

Message 4 of 5
Pointdump
in reply to: Anonymous

Bret,

Here's the fix:
http://blogs.rand.com/civil/2013/10/imaginit-utilities-for-civil-3d-coordinate-systems.html

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Pointdump

Thank you Dave!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report