Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From International Ft to US ft after importing point file in the Survey Data Base

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
melissa.padilla
505 Views, 5 Replies

From International Ft to US ft after importing point file in the Survey Data Base

Is there a way to change or shift the points to US feet? I imported wrongly the points and would not like to start all over. 

Work flow: 

Created the survey base data, imported the points and then changed the location to US feet, but they didn't change. Realized after almost finishing the mapping, so I would not like to start all over re -importing the points.  

Thanks!

Labels (4)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
tcorey
in reply to: melissa.padilla

You can use the scale command. Scale the points about 0,0 using a factor of 0.999998 to scale from international feet to US Survey Feet. Use 1.000002000004 to go from US Survey Feet to International Feet.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 6
melissa.padilla
in reply to: tcorey

Thank you, Tim. 

I appreciate it. Apologize I didn't mention that solution before, I am trying to avoid it. Do you know is there another way? 

Message 4 of 6
tcorey

Edit Drawing Settings, Transformation tab. You can add a User-defined scale factor there.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 6
_Hathaway

We have been there.  The best bet for long term project sanity is to reimport the data with the correct database settings.  Curious, are you working in a new area? Why were the database settings not setup correctly?

Message 6 of 6

If it was a small project and your never going to see it again I'd be inclined to just leave it alone just let it be what it is.

One way I have resolved this issue in our office is to have the DWT set to our State Plane Coordinate System and then saved the settings for the survey database to be in the same system. This guarantees that the DWG and SDB are always in US Survey Feet for the SPC and even if your on a local 5000, 5000 coordinate system its not reelevate to the data, then should you ever want the SDB on the SPC system its a easy tranform.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report