Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finished Ground Cross Sections and corridors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
toro115
714 Views, 2 Replies

Finished Ground Cross Sections and corridors

Hello,

I have always been in troubles setting up the labels for profiles and cross section, so the labels are a mess, I'm open to suggestions of how can I improve the setup for this environment.   On the other hand I am having several issues in the volume calculation process and cross section printing for a corridor:

• The first one is the profile of "Eje 3" which shows me some cut&fill but when I go to the report it seems the quantities reported are not matching with accordingly to the heights of cut&fill.  Also in the band I set up a cut and fill band and it only shows me values of 1 and 2 (I expected the volumes for the respective RP), so I don't know how to set up this to reflect the correct values.
  • After implementing the corridor in "Eje 3", I take as a base for the cut&fill the EG (Topo Urbanismos Surface) and since I only need the volume for dirt removal I calculate based on the FG (Eje 3 Surf) The cross sections, which I obtained creating a corridor surface from the corridor surface tab and setting it up as top link.
  • The assembly I built it up with a 3.00 m width and dayligthing with (0.5:1) cut and (1.5:1) fill but I don't find a simple template for setting up just the daylight cut&fill, so when I plot it it shows me some other set up and I don't know how correct it just to show me the cut/fill slope right after the 3.00 m road width.  That ends when I print the cross sections it shows me the FG, EG, and also shows me a assembly wat too different to the one I set up and with different set up.
  • When I review the corridor sections it seems to be showing correctly the FG vs EG.  But the cross sections are not, in some of the sections shows the EG and FG, in another one shows the assembly, and another one shows the cut & fill material surface.  So I'm completely lost with this and have not been able to set this up correctly.
  • In the picture for section view properties it shows different widths for every section and I don't know what I did wrong to set that up, I was assuming it tooks the assembly width and plot it that way.

I excuse myfself for so messy drawing but, as you can see I have big issues setting up this drawing and of course to be certain the volumes shown are correct.  I will aprecciate your inputs on what am I doing wrong with the setup of the assembly so the cross section is not executing correctly and giving me different values and sorry for such a mess of the drawing.

Attach some pictures of the profile, sections and the dwg file for reference.

Thanks in advance.Cross section issue 1.JPGCross Section with cut fill and asselmbly too wide.JPGCross Section with cut fill and asselmbly.JPGEje 3 Profile.JPGwrong cut fill band values.JPGCross Section group width set up.JPGCross Section with cut fill and asselmbly too wide set up.JPG

Carlos Andres Toro
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
toro115
in reply to: toro115

I attach the file again in version 2013 in case it doesn't work.  Also just in case I attached an ACAD version.  Thanks in advance for your support.

Carlos Andres Toro
Message 3 of 3
Jeew-m
in reply to: toro115

Dear Friend,

Your sample line are at 5m interval but the corridor is at 20m intervals. Please follow this video and check whether it affects your issues as well. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zf3Y-xN92DY

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report