Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

feature line problems elevation editor

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1442 Views, 3 Replies

feature line problems elevation editor

Why is this hapening?  It is driving me crazy!!

I have created two featurelines, on ontop of the other. One I am using to grade a dike at a set elevation (871.6) the other i want to creat a plane surface with to do a volume comparison this is set to 871.1'

heres the issue. I get done grading my dike (grade to surface using the first featureline) and then i created the second feature line, set the eleveation, and then it tells me that the dike surface needs to be rebuilt.  basically what is hapening is when i creat the second featureline and set it to the lower elevation. It changes the elevation of the first featurline to to be exactly like the one i just created. its like they are linked somehow. its driving me nuts i cant figure it out and i can't get any work done.

please help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Anonymous

You need one site for each FL if you do not want them to interact with each other.

Make a new site, select one FL and right click. Select Move to Site from the menu and place it on the new site. The FL's will not react with each other now.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I guess there is something good to be said about not having any training.  After working several hours on a problem and come here and get an answer tends to key the memory for later.

Bill

Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: wfberry

I bet I posted the same question some um, let's say, some posts ago. 😉

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report