Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0688 Exception at 88FF6F74h after installing update 2022.1

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
mike_napoli
619 Views, 5 Replies

Fatal Error: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0688 Exception at 88FF6F74h after installing update 2022.1

I run Civil 3D as AutoCAD 2022.  I was having no issues.  I installed update 2022.1 and I getting the fatal exception errors.  

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0688 Exception at 88FF6F74h

Unhandled Exception c0000005 (Access Violation Reading 0x0008) at address 86621059h

Unhandled Exception c0000005 (Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff) at address 86621059h

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Writing 0x65544ef0

As I stated, prior to the installing update 2022.1, I was having none of these issues opening drawing files.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Udo_Huebner
in reply to: mike_napoli

Then I would uninstall the Civil 3D 2022.1 update first to stay workable. In any case, send your drawing file to Autodesk Product Support Team for a thorough investigation.

Or upload your drawing here and you may get tips on how to fix and open your drawing even if Update 2022.1 is still installed.

What Civil Language Pack is installed on your side?

Gruß Udo Hübner (CAD-Huebner)
Message 3 of 6
mike_napoli
in reply to: Udo_Huebner

I feel kind of dumb here, but how do I uninstall the update?

It's not just one drawing I'm having issues with. It's EVERY drawing.  Drawings I had no issues with prior to the update, now I have a 50/50 chance of opening it, or crashing.

I'm assuming the English language pack.

Message 4 of 6
Udo_Huebner
in reply to: mike_napoli

Just like any other Windows Update:

Udo_Huebner_0-1633449701905.png

See this Screencast  https://autode.sk/303u4nj

Gruß Udo Hübner (CAD-Huebner)
Message 5 of 6
mike_napoli

Well, I learned something new today.  I was unaware of that feature.  Computer currently searching for installed updates.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
mike_napoli

Success.  I was able to uninstall the 2022.1 update and I am no longer receiving fatal exceptions.  

Now I just need to figure out why it was doing so. Then I can update it... But that's a whole other issue.  I'm back in business.

Thanks for the help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report