Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting Civil3D file from ProjectWise to reimport changes later

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dylan.law5QM3F
636 Views, 1 Reply

Exporting Civil3D file from ProjectWise to reimport changes later

Hi all.

My project is having issues with ProjectWise. While they're resolved with Bentley and Microsoft, a team member suggested exporting Civil3D files with the option to reimport to ProjectWise turned on. Our drawings use data shortcuts and XREFs that are located on ProjectWise as well. The files I want to export do not publish items to data shortcuts, they only receive changes from other files through the d.s.

Any idea how this will play out? 

I am testing a file copy to see how it will import once I've made a small change, but it is taking a while for all of the XREFs to download. Normally I would wait until ProjectWise was working properly, but with a submission date loom, there's no time to waste. All suggestions and advice welcome! 

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: dylan.law5QM3F

My Experience with projectwise and civil3d data shortcuts / references is NOT to use export. I found it cause issues  (broken references) finding the references when reimporting.

I suspect you want to export because it takes forever to open a civil3d file via PW file open.

For Me I have found opening projectwise files via recover speeds up opening.  And I have virtually eliminated "broken references"

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report