Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export civil 3d model to IFC format

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nithin_john8MMB5
388 Views, 5 Replies

Export civil 3d model to IFC format

Hi all,,   I am having issues about exporting any model to IFC format on Civil3d software. after exporting into ifc format when i open  ifc formated file through Navisworks its showing unit in feet, i already set meter in civil 3d, also navis work unit is meter. how can i fix this issue, please help me.

nithinjohnR6TY8_0-1678713083252.png

nithinjohnR6TY8_1-1678713387154.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Hi !

You could try to open your IFC file in the notepad, you will probably find a information like

"#12= IFCSIUNIT(*,.LENGTHUNIT.,$,.FEET.);"

and replace FEET for METER

however, if it is set on meters in your c3D it is wierd that it is happening... check if you update you IFC 4x3 export tool

please let me now if any of these could fix your problem

Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Thank you replaying. But when i open ifc file in notepad its showing metre. i attached screenshot for your reference.

nithinjohnR6TY8_0-1678859207758.png

Message 4 of 6

I see it @nithin_john8MMB5 ... if you want to send me the ifc I would be glad to test it opening on my Navisworks and try to help you

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Please find th attachment. i generated ifc dwfx models from this model 

Message 6 of 6

Hi

I see you where using IFC 2.0 which is not reliable for infraestructure, I think this might be the source of your problem

I should be using an updated version of Civil 3D to export IFC 4x3 using the command "IFCINFRAEXPORT"

Try opening this new IFC file attached in your Navisworks. This might work now

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report