Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exit transparent command from command line

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Thomas.nowakNUQZB
441 Views, 3 Replies

Exit transparent command from command line

Hi all, I use Excel a lot to string together COGO points with lines. I use the ability of AutoCAD to just copy a range of cells representing CAD commands into the command line and then AutoCAD performs the commands as written, with empty cells representing an <ENTER> command.

I would like to use this same ability using transparent commands like 'PO and 'PN, but I'm not sure if there is a way to exit the transparent commands once I have entered them. It seems that <ENTER> just returns an error in the command line, and I am stuck in the transparent command.

Is there anything I can type in the command line to exit a transparent command?

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ricksr
in reply to: Thomas.nowakNUQZB

Have tried and semicolon

Message 3 of 4
Udo_Huebner
in reply to: ricksr

Have you tried to send

^C

to cancel the active command?

See https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-lt-forum/cancel-command-in-a-script/td-p/3911677

Gruß Udo Hübner (CAD-Huebner)
Message 4 of 4

I believe @Udo_Huebner is on the right track here. May need another ^ but that should cancel things out. 

Out of curiosity what exactly are you attempting to chain together, almost sounds like a job for the survey database

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report