Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

End of pipes showing up as ellipses in profiles

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
smithsiteconsultants
197 Views, 3 Replies

End of pipes showing up as ellipses in profiles

How do I get the ends of the pipes to stop showing up as ellipses? My storm pipe network styles have never depicted this before in the profiles and I'm not sure if I accidentally enabled it but I have played with toggling style options off and on for almost an hour without any luck. Pic for reference below:

smithsiteconsultants_0-1694197893117.png

Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

That's a new one on me. I'd start here. Check your toolspace network parts for pipes and see if there are any in the list that should not be. Delete the pipes in your profile view and re-draw back in profile view. Check if there are any very short segments of alignments near the structure. Check your Profile View properties pipes style overrides.

Wish I could offer more but never seen this one.

Message 3 of 4

@smithsiteconsultants,  I may have duplicated your scenario. Or maybe not, we will see.

Based on your screenshot, it looks like a pipe that is either perpendicular to the structure OR the structure is very close to the alignment. Why? It has to do with visible components in the PROFILE display of the style. In my screenshot below, I have the pipe shown in profile as well as the crossing inside and outside pipe shown.

KevinSpear_0-1694211790962.png

As you can see, the pipe ellipses show at the crossing.

Normally the crossing components are in a separate style and used as an override in the profile view properties. In my PV properties shown below, pipe 107 is not using a style override but is still showing those ellipses based on the C-STRM pipe style settings.

KevinSpear_1-1694211919876.png

In other words, you may have edited the main pipe style to show a crossing somewhere else and your problem pipe is using that same style. What you should do is copy the main style and change the profile components accordingly.

KevinSpear_2-1694212026114.png

Then use that as an override in the PV properties for the appropriate crossing pipe.

KevinSpear_3-1694212109031.png

Ignore my example a bit as the pipe I am showing as a crossing is just an example. It wouldn't normally be shown that way.

Or, I could be way off.... 🙂 I hope this helps.

Thanks
Kevin

Kevin Spear, PE
Message 4 of 4

thank you - somehow it managed to work this time. not sure if C3D was hanging yesterday but I tried your method with several regens or REA's and it never updated. Did it just now and it works fine. Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report