Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ellipse to pline

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
388 Views, 5 Replies

Ellipse to pline

Recieved a ACAD converted Microstation File for use in an upcoming construction project. Would like to convert all of the existing ellipses to polylines. Have read several threads that lead me to believe redrawing them is about the only real way to do it. Posting here in hopes of a solution. Drawing contains 127 ellipses, and I dont want to redraw all of them!!

Currently on C3D2012.

Thanks,

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
rkmcswain
in reply to: Anonymous

You could WMFOUT the ellipses and then use WMFIN to reimport them (use UL corner of viewport as insertion point, and scale of 2). One drawback to this method is that the ellipses will contain a lot of vertices.

If you happen to have ToolPac, there is a command just for this task.

This tool supposedly does it also: http://www.cadstudio.cz/en/apps/splineconvert/

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 6
antoniovinci
in reply to: rkmcswain

There are some ways to get it done, for instance this, or simply save the drawing with ellipses as AcadR12 DXF, sir.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

There is a simple lisp routine that i picked up from the internet that is very useful in this situation.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Have you had success with this lisp in C3D 2012? I gives me a fatal error each time I run it. Sent from my iPhone
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I haven't had the opportunity to try it with 2012. I'm still using 2011. Sorry it did not work for you. I wouldn't have expected lisp to be year specific. Daniel R. Gordon Prein&Newhof dgordon@preinnewhof.com p. 269-372-1158 www.preinnewhof.comThis email and any attachments with it are intended only for the addressee(s). Views expressed herein do not necessarily represent those of Prein&Newhof. Any attachments are only for the convenience of the recipient. Conclusions or information obtained or derived from the data on the attachments(s) or within the body of this message will be at the user's sole risk.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report