Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Corridor Transition - only occurs at Frequency point instead of appointed station

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
Kristy_ChoJMK4X
562 Views, 12 Replies

Edit Corridor Transition - only occurs at Frequency point instead of appointed station

Hi, I just installed C3D 2023 and tried out Corridor Transition feature. 

The transition will only occur where frequency (Assembly insertion point) is. I tried with a new template, out of box subassembly, tried to set frequency then add frequency after. No matter what I do, transition will only start and end at the nearest frequency point. 

E.g. I set a widening starts at station 10 to 20, keep the width till 40 and comes back down to at 60. If frequency is 2m interval, transition will start at 18 and ends at 42. If frequency is 5m, it will start at 15 and ends at 45. 

I attach a screenshot. please help me. 

Labels (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Did you check for Civil 3D 2023 updates? I'm currently using 2023 and working on a corridor with transitions. 

My version 2023 3.2 Update.

Vincent Sheehan

Sr. Civil Designer
Poly In 3D Blog

Message 3 of 13
lim.wendy
in reply to: VincentSheehan

Good day to you. Thank you for submitting your question in our discussion forums. 

I see you are visiting as a new member of the Civil 3D forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Have you updated your Civil 3D 2023 as suggested by Vincent?

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

If the suggestions helped you, please hit the "Accept Solution" button, as it helps make the solution easier to find for others who might have the same issue. Knowing which topics are solved or not can also help our many users find the questions that still need to be answered. It’s also a great way to say thank you and give recognition to whoever helped you. 

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 4 of 13

Manually adding a frequency point at the beginning of the transition and at the end of the transition should correct the transition.

C3D 2024.3
Windows 10
Message 5 of 13

I tried this in Civil 3d 2024.3 and it added an extra insertion point at the beginning and end of the transition.  It looks correct to me.

I spend time on this forum because I enjoy Civil 3d and getting your likes.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Favorite Posts: Use Dynamo For Surface Analysis: https://youtu.be/eJNdX6guMP8
Message 6 of 13
Kristy_ChoJMK4X
in reply to: lim.wendy

I'm still seeking a solution. IT finally got back to me, didn't mention anything about updates but asked me to try section editor. Section Editor overwrite of Subassembly property works but it means I have to calculate transition increment and apply that in every frequency so this cannot be the solution. As per the frequency, the only way to make it work was to have frequency only at transition start and end point. E.g. if transition is starts at station 10 and ends at 30, I won't have any interim frequency in between and of course this doesn't work, e.g. batter targeting existing surface, curve alignment. 

Tags (1)
Message 7 of 13

Thank you Brian, but it still didn't work.

Message 8 of 13

@Kristy_ChoJMK4X wrote:

. Section Editor overwrite of Subassembly property works but it means I have to calculate transition increment and apply that in every frequency so this cannot be the solution.

Well, that's what the Corridor Transitions were supposed to eliminate.

2023 has a 3.2 update available. Type About to check your update level.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 13

Product Version: 13.5.1510.0 Civil 3D 2023.3.2 Update. 

This is what I got from About. It appears that update has been installed but still doesn't work. 

Message 10 of 13

I'm sorry I don't have 2023 installed to test.  Here is a snapshot from 2024.3, you can see on the left where it has added the extra station at the transition start.  I don't know if there is a setting with 2023 to improve the situation for you.

brianstrandberg_0-1709765585885.png

I spend time on this forum because I enjoy Civil 3d and getting your likes.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Favorite Posts: Use Dynamo For Surface Analysis: https://youtu.be/eJNdX6guMP8
Message 11 of 13

At this point you may be looking at trying a Clean Install of Civil 3D or upgrading to 2024.

Depending on your support level. You could open a case with your reseller or Autodesk.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 12 of 13

At this point you may need to do a Clean Install of Civil 3D or update to 2024.

Depending on your level of support. You could open a support case with your reseller or Autodesk.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 13 of 13

Thanks Allen. don't have access to 2024 yet but will see what IT and our Autodesk contact can do. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report