Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Title Block Stretching issues

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
485 Views, 6 Replies

Dynamic Title Block Stretching issues

I'm trying to set up a dynamic titleblock. Instead of different visibilty states, I'd like stretch actions to allow me to set the different sizes.

My issue is that the folding lines I have on the perimeter of the titleblock don't behave as I want them to as I stretch the block. I want them to repeat along a certain module I've set up for them (185mm), and although I've gone through each visibility state carefully selecting which folding lines need to be seen and which done, the block does not behave as I'd like it to. (the folding lines don't even line up with the perimeter once exited from block editor!)

Any ideas?! I'm at my wits end here... I tried setting it up with Lookups but that didn't work better either... Any help would be very much appreciated!

I've attached some images to explain what I mean - my titleblock with the parameters and actions set up, a predefined visibility state to show where I want the folding lines, and finally the result once out of the block...

Thank you in advance!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Anonymous

I went with visablity states and lookup tables to adjust the position of the attrubutes. 

Mt dyno chops are not what they were a few years ago, but I would probably approach this with chained position paramaters on the folding lines. I would still use a lookup tables and hide the stretch grips.

example lookup1 would stretch to xy and move the folding lines to xy

the dyno board may get more feed back

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks/bd-p/154

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Thank you for your quick response but unfortunately I don't understand much of it... Excuse my novice position.. 'Mt dyno chops'?
Message 4 of 7
tcorey

Add an array action for the fold lines. The stretch and array actions can both reference the same linear parameter.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 7
Joe-Bouza

"My Dyno Chops" = my personal expertise with Dynamic blocks is not what it once was.

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
Pointdump
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe,

I, too, was scratching my head over "Mt dyno chops".

m1716.gif

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 7 of 7
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Pointdump

Its an Island in the south Pacific where I learned how to create Dynamic blocks, type and proof read. 😮

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report