Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic linked corridor feature line

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
654work
248 Views, 3 Replies

dynamic linked corridor feature line

Is there a way to have a feature line have a dynamic link to a corridor that is in a different drawing, maybe through an xref, without using a data shortcut to the corridor?

Civil 3D 2022, 2022.2.2 update

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: 654work

NAFAIK. Alignment and surface profile would do it.

What exactly is your work flow? Maybe there is an adjustment that may help

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
654work

Corridors in one file.  Site grading in another.  Combining the surfaces.  I'll look at the alignment and profile.  Not sure if C3D does this, but was looking for something similar to OpenRoads Designer's process, reference the corridor, then drape a feature (horizonal geometry) on the corridor, which allows the feature to adjust with the corridor.

Message 4 of 4
v-silvestre

Hi @654work, I'm not sure if you can do this with a Corridor, but you can set a Featureline relative to a Surface:

v_silvestre_0-1696202034842.png

You can set it to read the absolute elevation of that surface or a relative elevation.  I'm not sure how dynamic this link will be, but it might be worth some time to take a look at.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report