Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWG To PDF Editing

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
shari.l.hall
549 Views, 8 Replies

DWG To PDF Editing

Hello All,

This is mainly a we are now working from home issue, as many of us do not have access to printers, so when we do quality control markups on files printed DWG To PDF using Adobe Acrobat Standard 2017 we are limited on the comment tools we can use. if the files have been printed and scanned the Adobe highlighter and Text comments work fine, if it is straight from Autocad they do not work at all, we only really need these two edit features so I am looking for a quick easy solution, if one exists to acoomplish this. So far all attempts have failed, we do not need intelligent pdfs but we also don't want to change a lot as our current settings in a normal office setting work fine and keep our client happy. Any solutions greatly appreciated. so far all I have been able to come up with is using the pencil setting it to a color and thickness and then it is all freehand for text which is very cumbersome.

Thank you in Advance

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
rl_jackson
in reply to: shari.l.hall

I have zero issues marking up a PDF using the free Adobe DC edition of my drawings plotted to PDF. I have the text set to be ttf (or something like that in plotter options) and to not plot the layers.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: rl_jackson

Ditto

Joe Bouza
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
Joe-Bouza

I would think the scanned PDF would be less accessible that the raster pdf. Standard adobe is not marking up? thats odd. I have reader and can markup. maybe your tool bar is collapsed

markup.png

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
pendean

Are you using C3D2020 with one or more of the last two updates installed by chance? It's a known issue, lots of posts about it in the forums, here is one of many https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/published-pdf-s-from-auto-cad-can-t-edit-in-adobe-acrob...

Message 6 of 9
shari.l.hall

Thanks everyone

We are using Adobe Acrobat Standard 2017 and Civil3d 2017. I will look into the other posts about the bug when I have time, there was so many and the few I chose had no answers. we have decided to just use the pencil with a thickness and color assigned, it is not ideal if there are notes that need to be added as it is freehand, but it will get us by, we can always add a separate file with note changes. thanks again.

Message 7 of 9
jeff_rivers

You may want to look into BlueBeam, it is an editing suite that lets you edit and markup PDF's.  I believe there is a free version, with limited features, then the full price version with all features.  The free version may be enough for what you need.  

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0
Message 8 of 9
Joe-Bouza

??

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 9 of 9
shari.l.hall
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

my toolbar is not collapsed? and yes the editing works way better with a scanned image and I don't really understand you last emoji? I have not received a solution?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report