Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.dwg file recovery

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
215 Views, 2 Replies

.dwg file recovery

Hi! 

I have been working on a drawing on a shared computer and saving my work on a jump drive. I think the jump drive was removed before I saved and closed out of AutoCAD Civil 3D yesterday. I have the files I was working on but they will not open. When I try to open the files I get a message saying "Drawing file is not valid." When I try to run Recover on the drawing I get "Unable to recover the drawing file." I have checked for .bak files of my drawing but there aren't any older than yesterday so they won't open either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Unless your OS login temp folder has any autosave SV$ files to rename, it does not look good.
Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

My suggestion is to copy the file to the local hard drive and then copy back to the thumb drive after saving and closing. Don't open and operate from the thumb drive.

As far as what to do with this particular .dwg file, have you tried Insert command? Map Attach and Query? You're probably hosed, but I would try those options anyway.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report