Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Recovery Manager

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
AEC_Cadd
1222 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing Recovery Manager

Whenever I try to restore a drawing or delete it from the drawing recovery manager, I get a Fatal Error and the computer crashes. Anyone know where these drawings are stored so that I can go to that directory and delete them?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Jeew-m
in reply to: AEC_Cadd

Dear Friend,

Go to options and in files tab you have all the file locations.

Untitled.png

Thanks

Jeewana Meegahage
Design Engineer
Autodesk Civil 3D Tutorials
Facebook | YouTube | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
cwr-pae

I think what you are looking for should be a windows shortcut to a file named xxxxxx_recover.dwg on your C:\. There will also be shortcuts to the original file. So do a search in windows explorer of your C:\ for '_recover' and then right click and pick 'open the folder'.

Its possible the file will be named with nnnnn_recoverGWS.xml in C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2018\MapCache.

I quit using recovery manager because of that frequent behavior. Recover the files manually and the delete the _recover.dwg (after saving with original name of course) then you should be able to remove them from the recovery manager. If not, I find if I close the recovery manager and keep working, I can delete the entries in the manager the next time I start C3D. 

Message 4 of 6
Joe-Bouza

OOTB location

%temp%

At the start button or win explorer

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
AEC_Cadd
in reply to: Jeew-m

Thanks, I'll give it a try.
Message 6 of 6
AEC_Cadd
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I'll try this as soon as I get a chance. Thanks for the quick reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report