Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing viewports

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
ragnheidur.karadottir
2615 Views, 14 Replies

Disappearing viewports

Hi!

I have a drawing with about 10 layouts. In some of the layouts some of the viewport have disappeard. When I hoover over the layout tab I can see the viewport, but when I open the tab it doesn't show. I have turned on and unfrosen all the layers, unfrosen all viewports.Any solutions?

ps.  I made a screencast but I dont know where it is in the world 🙂

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

check that MAXACTVP is set to big number.
Max active view ports
Message 3 of 15

Hi

I have done that but it didnt help. I have been working on thet drawing and plotted pdf before. But then the viewport was gone in many of the layouts.

Message 4 of 15

can you upload a dwg to see if my experience is same? Will also help to understand way this is happening.
maybe audit but probably recover will help here.
Message 5 of 15

OK

Message 6 of 15

My opinion is the viewports have been deleted.
Mechanics how? Who knows? Maybe you select the viewport polyline true a process (quick select or use a layer to make selection true lisps) and deleted.
This is base on my knowledge, maybe someone else knows better and can solve your problem.
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
in reply to: ragnheidur.karadottir

I, too, did not see any viewports in the Paper Space tabs. (only at the bottom of the sheet.)

The xref's &/or images wouldn't load for me, which made me think if those images were placed in paper space of each layout tab versus creating a viewport in paper space to show the images from model space.

-Just a thought.

But you are right. When hovering over the tabs at the bottom, the images appear.

Message 8 of 15
Dexterel
in reply to: Anonymous

is it just possible the images were in paper space (and not model) so no layout.
Somebody detach the xref and maybe after reattached in model?
The hovering is the strangest thing, this is my best explanation.
Message 9 of 15
AllenJessup
in reply to: Dexterel

The image seen hovering over a tab is not "live". It's a stored raster as is the preview seen in various methods of opening a drawing file. So the image may show things that are no longer there.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 15
Dexterel
in reply to: AllenJessup

Of course, but how do you delete a viewport without opening the layout? This is the strange thing here, the mechanics on how to delete this viewport (if there ever was one).
Message 11 of 15
Dexterel

I do not understand how AllenJessup solve this.
By "no longer there" you mean like I said deleted :D?
Message 12 of 15
AllenJessup

The only way I know of at present is to use the LAYDEL command and delete the layer the viewports are on. That will delete viewports in multiple layouts. There may be a couple of other ways I don't know of.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 13 of 15
AllenJessup

I tell the people I work with that unless I install software that records every keystroke and mouse click there is often no way to tell exactly how something happened. If it's not a recurring problem I want to fix it and move on. If something happens once in one drawing it's because of an error. Either on the users part of the programmers part. If it's unusual enough that I've never seen it happen before and if it doesn't happen again it's not something you're going to solve.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 14 of 15
AllenJessup

@Dexterel wrote:

By "no longer there" you mean like I said deleted :D?

Deleted, no longer XRefered, broken DRef, missing FDO. It was there and now it's not.

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 15 of 15
Dexterel
in reply to: AllenJessup

so you agree I was right (and solve this) when I sad:
"My opinion is the viewports have been deleted"
and as I explained to delete the viewport you need a lisp
and other explanation is detached xref.
But yes you are right you solve this, good job.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report