Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Design Profile will not draw in Profile View

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
dfischer
3768 Views, 7 Replies

Design Profile will not draw in Profile View

I created an alignment. I then proceeded to create a profile from a surface from the alignment. Then when using "Profile Creation Tools" it would not allow me to draw in a simple tangent design grade.

Solution: Make sure you draw you grade in the direction your stationing is labeled in your profile. Problem Solved. Happy designing.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Victor_Cortez
in reply to: dfischer

It seems legit to me, I would mark it as solution so if anyone else is searching for this issue in Google, this post will show as solved, making it easier to find.

@Anonymous wrote:

I created an alignment. I then proceeded to create a profile from a surface from the alignment. Then when using "Profile Creation Tools" it would not allow me to draw in a simple tangent design grade.

Solution: Make sure you draw you grade in the direction your stationing is labeled in your profile. Problem Solved. Happy designing.

Since it was the first post I was not able to mark it as solution, I quote dfischer´s post and mark this one as solution, however all the hard work and merits should go to dfischer

Message 3 of 8
troma

Yep, profiles can only go in one direction, the same direction as the alignment.
Only exception I can think of is a superimposed profile, which can backtrack on itself.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Victor_Cortez

Good response, but in my case the Profile Creation Tools dialog displays but it is not active. So I can't even initiate the process of drawing the tangents. Appears there is a command that's supposed to come before that.

Message 5 of 8
dfischer
in reply to: Anonymous

If your Profile Creation Tools are greyed out and not active, it is likely because your drawing is corrupt. I used to have that problem more until I used the "Data Shortcut" file setup. Once I began putting my Existing Ground in one drawing and Data Shortcutting back to it, I have not had any issues with C3D. I believe you get too much going on all at once for some of the older computers to handle as well. I rarely used the automatic update until I got a new computer.

Try creating a new project, turn on all the laters and do a copy and past to original coordinates. Then, if everything looks like it is working move forward.

Good Luck

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

You are right. I had too many items/apps running at the same time. Solved the problem by rebooting the system. Thanks.

Message 7 of 8
saifumk8
in reply to: Victor_Cortez

I'm wondering how this message become marked as "solved". 

Message 8 of 8
dfischer
in reply to: saifumk8

Because it solved the issues on my system and others as well......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report